Friday 25 September 2009

the magic conker


i love autumn. it has always been my favorite time of the year. one of the things i love about it are conkers. they remind me of when i was a kid, gathering fallen ones from trees on the way to school to thread onto string and have conker 'fights' with chums.


i love this book from my childhood as it has a very happy ending! there is a tree in the city a short stroll from my home that has a plentiful supply at this time of year. i was lucky enough to find all of these ones there.

1 comment:

  1. I too read this book as a child and still have my copy, given to me by my aunt and have now read it to my children with a big dose of nostalgia welling up every time I come across it. My copy, same edition, is as battered as the one in the picture.

    ReplyDelete