Thursday 29 October 2009

a sense of wonder

the colours in autumn leaves always remind me of the words in this song:

didn't i come to bring you a sense of wonder
didn't i come to lift your fiery vision bright
didn't i come to bring you a sense of wonder to the flame

on and on and on we kept singing our song
over newtonards and comber, gransha and
the ballystockart road.
with spike and boffyflow i said i could describe the leaves
for samuel and felicity
rich, red browney half burnt orange and green.................

do you have favorite autumn song?

it's rainy and gray here today but as usual on a thursday this is keeping me happy!

1 comment:

  1. I love to listen to this:

    The Modern Lovers - 'Afternoon'

    You know, it's afternoon
    Yeah, yeah
    And there's the moon,
    so pale
    And all the trees are whisperin' and the elves are whisperin' to me,
    that's right
    I am, I am
    How they whisper so nice
    I am, I am
    They whisper to me
    I am, I am
    They whisper to me
    I am, I am
    Doo-pop doo-pop da-tommy-too-pop
    Doo-pop doo-pop da-tommy-too-pop
    I am, I am
    The wind cries
    I am, I am

    ReplyDelete